16 January 2009

Mixed emotions

So tomorrow is Day 7 of recording, the final day. I am so super happy with how this e.p. is turning out. It has surpassed anything that I thought we could do at this point. We've had some awesome times together, I've really gotten to know Alex, Adam, Sean, Joel, and Jesse alot better throughout the week. Recording with Jesse has been great. I finished most of my drums in the first day, and would have finished all of them, but I wanted to use an 18" floor tom that Steve Nelson (Nelson Drum Craft) was fixing up for Jesse. The rest of the week has been pretty sweet. It was really nice to be able to take a week off to relax. I came up with a couple things to add to some vocal parts, guitar parts, and midi parts. I also watched more movies this week then I have watched in a while. I have learned that Alex and I have very different tastes in movies. I really like comedies, while Alex likes Action and gory films. I find the fact that we rock so hard that we broke a marshall JCM 900 to be pretty sweet. Let me go back, I was sitting in the lounge watching a movie when either Adam or Alex walked out and said that The 900 stopped working. We were really liking the tones we were getting out of it, and we started talking to anyone who we thought might be able to loan us a JCM 900. Did we loan one... nope, we bought one. We have our own. When we dropped off Jesse's 900 to get repaired at The Sound Source, we bought our own for a pretty good deal. I also experienced mountain dew freezing before my eyes for the first time today. I've heard it has happened but had never actually witnessed it before today. You see, Mountain Dew doesn't freeze until it is opened, and even then, it has to be extremely cold outside for that to happen. Speaking of which, it has been freaking cold this week. Anyhow, tomorrow we're going back to finish up some vocal parts, do some more midi stuff, and tweak anything that we think needs tweaking. I'm going to be really, really sad to leave. I've have an incredible time this week. We're probably going to go back in two or three weeks to mix the e.p. and then we're going to send it out to Jason Martin (Starflyer 59) in California for a final mix down and mastering. We already have a guy named Nick working on some graphic designing (including Album artwork) so we'll get the E.P. pressed sometime in the near future and have a c.d. release show hopefully sometime near the end of March. We are so excited to show everyone what we have been working on.

God Bless,

Mitch

Listening To:
The same parts over and over again....

but in all seriousness:

Jesse Sprinkle Surrounded By Lights
Mae The Everglow
The Almost Southern Weather
Underoath Lost in the Sound of Separation
Underoath Define The Great Line
Oh, Sleeper When I Am God
Emery I'm Only A Man
Story of The Year In The Wake of Determination
Thrice Vheissu
A Kiss For Jersey Victims

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far, the tunes sound great.
I am looking forward to the finished product and the cd release show. I hope this weekend is full of energy, encouragement, and that the Lord gives to you a personal vision so you have a deep down peace that only comes from Him about your immediate plans for this journey called life. :) I will miss you this weekend....
XO
Love always,
mom

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home