22 September 2008

Three Years

Three years ago today, I was a sophomore in high school. I was the drummer in the band 19 Broken. Unfortunately, we broke up that day. I was in the band for just over 2 years, and they had been a band for over 3. We recorded two e.p.'s which were decent considering the first one we recorded was when we were in 8th grade and the second, we were freshman. I still talk to Jesse frequently. He joined the army and shipped out last week to basic training. I try to talk to Teresa, but I don't know how to get ahold of her. I wish we could have had just one last show, and maybe record a few songs in my basement for closure. Jesse and I are totally up for it. Teresa says "I can forgive, but I can't forget." Noone asked her to forget. It was a time in our lives that happened. Unfortunatley, some of us, including me, said some things that we shouldn't have. Part of forgiveness is moving on. I miss playing music with 19 Broken, but mostly I miss the relationships we had.

Don't get me wrong, I love Red Letter Statement, I don't really love our music but I love us. I never pictured myself in a band of this genre. Luckily Sean and I are going to start jamming with our friends Chad, Kurt and Leah again soon. Hopefully my Vice Grip audition is soon too.

Mitch VanDenBerghe

Listening To:
New Jam by Me and Adam
19 Broken-Delusions Of Persecution
19 Broken-Not Yet Rated
Museums-Can We Meet In The Middle
Vice Grip-If You Show Me Yours
Vice Grip-Defiance of Science at Science Island
Vice Grip-The Very Best of Vice Grip
Thrice-The Artist in the Ambulance
Relient K-Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek
Emery-I'm Only a Man
Underoath-Lost In The Sound Of Seperation
Four Year Strong-Rise or Die Trying
MxPx-Before Everything and After
MxPx-Secret Weapon

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

I love your music. What about it isn't exactly what you had in mind? How was your other band's music different?

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would love to hear and see you play in a concert with Leah, Sean, Kurt, and Chad. You guys were awesome when you practiced at the house. I think you should pursue this over winter and summer semester breaks from college - just for fun and intense musical talent.
mom

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home