08 April 2007

Lesson Learned

Everyday we live we learn a lesson, whether we realize it or not. The past few weeks of my life have been great, but today, I realized that something that I was really happy about was only because I was naive and was hoping it could work out. Right about then, I started feeling really depressed. I was Giving Up. I had the lyrics to the song Giving Up by Last Tuesday stuck in my head for about 3 or 4 hours today, when I finally realized that to give up would be a poor choice. I've realized that I need to Carry On. When you are smitten by someone, you become blind to their flaws and build them up as this perfect person in your mind. Finally, when they let you down, you feel like your entire world is falling apart. There is more in this life than relationships, especially in my life. I can't let this get me down, I need to carry on. I am going to get a gym membership and start working out. I have a bigger goal than to have my first girlfriend. I want to lose 100lbs. By graduation next year, I will weigh between 185 and 200lbs. that is my goal

3 Comments:

Blogger seanpritzkau said...

sounds like a good goal mitch.
im proud of you good luck.
im here if you need help

10:28 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey Mitch - I found your blog through Sean's....I'm proud of you buddy..I'll keep praying for you. I had such a great time with you on the way to and from the retreat - God has HUGE things in mind for you, just keep your heart focused on Him

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home