17 July 2008

The Scare of A Lifetime

It is only when a friend's life is in danger that you realize how much they truly mean to you. My brother, and one of my 4 best friends, Adam gave me the scare of a lifetime yesterday. We hung out all day and wrote a song, and then went to Joel's bon fire. When we left there at around 1:15, Adam seemed fine, but as our carride progressed, i noticed that he didn't seem comfortable. When we got onto my street he said he felt really nausious, so i stopped the van in front of my house and he ended up throwing up in the street. A couple minutes later, he sat down to catch his breath. I turned around for a minute, and when I looked back, he was stumbling so i ran over to catch him, and he ended up collapsing on the ground. His limbs went limp and he couldn't move. As he was laying down in the middle of the road, I opened the van doors and reclined the back seat, and was able to help him into the van, and drove as fast as i could to park ridge hospital, only because it was the closest hospital and I felt that time was of essence. As Adam had every test I could think of done to him, and I saw him laying in that hospital bed, I realized what a great friend he is. He is my brother, he is my best friend and I thank the Lord for answering my prayers and healing him. I firmly believe that it is because of Jesus Christ that Adam was able to walk out of that hospital with me half an hour ago. Adam is an awesome person, and I am so glad he is ok. Rooming with him this fall is going to be a blast. Well, I need some sleep.


Mitch


Listening To:
Hillsong United: All of The Above
Emery: I'm Only A Man
Thrice: If They Could Only See Us Now
Paramore: RIOT!

3 Comments:

Blogger seanpritzkau said...

Thank God he's ok.
Keep me updated

9:25 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Wow, that's crazy. Did the doctors know what was wrong with him?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mitch VanDenBerghe said...

no, the doctors couldn't figure it out. He seems fine now though.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home