24 September 2010

I'm back

So, I've decided I should start to blog again. I want to get something out of the way here. If you read my previous blogs, it has been about a year since I have posted one and I started blogging when I was in high school. I believe I was in a very different place in my life than I am now and I probably said a lot of stupid stuff back then, so If you read my archives, just take it with a grain of salt.

Where I am:
I am the worship director for TFHstudents at The Fathers House in Chili, NY. It'll be 2 years in January since I was asked to for the Fuse worship team, a team of mainly senior highers, with me leading, that leads worship for the junior high services every Sunday. I've developed a team of about 30 high school students who are eager to serve the Lord and pour their love on the junior high kids. Recently I took over branded worship (a team of college age musicians leading worship for senior highers.) I have a heart for students and I want to help raise up this generation of world influencers that we are so blessed to have in our midst. I feel called to full time worship ministry, and I am trying my best to prepare myself for that now. I don't know if that means I should go back to school, or if I should just be more intentional about how I am developing myself as a worshipper and as a leader everyday. I am truly blessed and honored to have the privaledge to meet one on one with my mentor, Luke Thomas each week. The wisdom he has to offer is incredible and the encouragement and challenges he provides me with are pivotal to my journey. I am trying to create similar relationships with some of my students, because they are going to be the ones who are going to change the world. My desire is to love God and to love people.

So yeah, that's just a little introduction to where I am now. Perhaps I will be blogging more frequently now.

Mitch

Listening To:
Ascend The Hill Take The World, But Give Me Jesus
The Glorious Unseen: The Hope That Lies In You
Passion: Awakening 2010
Brooke Fraser Albertine
Thrice Beggars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home