14 February 2009

Dansville

So it's been a couple of days since I last posted. I don't remember much about what I did on Wednesday other than starting to watch Lost. I watched both parts of the pilot episode online. Amy Bartholomew is letting me borrow Lost Season 1 which I am pretty happy about. Yesterday was Thursday, so I went to Roberts in the evening for some Mountain Dew Thursday festivities. I love hanging out with my friends there. Today I had to work 11-3. Work was crappy today. I don't like people. From now on I'm always going to request off of work the day of a show. When I got out of work I came home and got some stuff ready for band practice. When Alex got here, we went and picked up the van from the mechanic. It has heat now which is amazing. When we got back from the mechanic we practiced some songs for worship on sunday, and then we loaded up the van for our show in Dansville. We left at about 6:00PM, we were supposed to be there by 6:30. We got there at about 6:45, so we were about 15 minutes late. I think that was the first time we've ever been late for a show. When we got there we loaded in all of our stuff, and I set up the merch table while Alex, Brian and Sean got some stuff ready. While I was setting up my drums I realized my cymbals were missing. Somehow we ended up leaving my cymbals at home. I was pissed. Luckily I was allowed to use the church's cymbals. The first band that played was called Praxia. We've played with them before under a different name. Then this guy from the band Endeavor played some acoustic songs. Then Jesse Sprinkle played an acoustic set. Jesse is amazing. Me and the rest of the RLS guys decided to sit front and center. Remind me never to sit cross legged for half an hour right before I play ever again. When I went to stand up to go pray with the guys, My feet were completely asleep and I couldn't stand so I fell down which was embarassing. I waited about a minute to get some blood flowing then I stood up and walked to the back hall where we prayed. I almost fell about five times because my feet were still asleep. After a sound check we played. We made a seven song set list, but Sean and I really wanted to play the song "See Past The Transparency" because it is about Uganda, and the show was a benefit show for the ugandan water project. That made it an eight song set list. We unveiled two brand new songs tonight. We opened with "Set The Standard" Next was "It's All For You" Third was "Three Feet Away From Things That Burn" Fourth was "South of Heavy" Fifth was "Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place" sixth was "See Past The Transparency" seventh was "Fight Song" and eighth was "I Can't Wait." Then we decided to play "Surrender" and called Jesse Sprinkle up as a guest vocalist. Nine songs is the most we've played in a while, if not ever. It was a good time. After we played, we packed up our stuff and mingled a bit, then we proceeded to one of our favorite Dansville restaurants, The Buck Horn at The Travel Center. Our other favorite is a Chinese buffet on main street. I think people at restaurants hate us, so I tipped alot because we kind of suck as customers. Susie Reid called us right before our food came so we all talked to her. That was cool. So the best part of the night was that Brian Jackson, our good friend and roadie came along to help us out on his birthday. He is the man. Now I'm home, found my cymbals, and I think I'm going to go to bed.


Mitch

Listening To:

The Highway Beautiful Love Letters, Soap Boxes and Dirty Laundry
blink-182 S/T
Story of The Year The Black Swan, In The Wake of Determination
Yellowcard Lights and Sounds
Thrice Vheissu
Oh, Sleeper When I Am God
Paramore RIOT!
The Showdown Temptation Come My Way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home