25 February 2009

I've been slacking

Hey. I'd ask if you missed me but noone reads this. It's 7AM and I'm up because I can't sleep. I can't sleep because I'm thinking about band stuff. As you know, we recorded a new E.P. back in January with Jesse Sprinkle. It is currently being mixed, soon it will be being mastered, and then it will get pressed. We're coming up with new T-Shirt/Sticker/Other Merch designs, designing our E.P. cover, designing our new myspace, etc. We've started planning for our E.P. release show, and pretty much every weekend after we release it we're planning to play somewhere. That's the reason I can't sleep. See we have this idea for our E.P. release weekend tours, and if done right it could be really sweet. I'm just kind of scared it might not work out. I guess what I'm feeling now is a mix of anxiety and excitement. All I know is I'm definately not going to Hillsong in July. Right now my priorities lie with the band and The Father's House. Speaking of TFH, there is a new vision for the youth and part of that plan includes splitting up the worship team into two different teams. The college age kids, and the high school. Larry and Andrea have put me in charge of leading the rehearsal for the high school kids which is a huge honor. I'm also fairly nervous about that. RLS has a show this Sunday. It's weird, when we booked it, I didn't really care about the show, because all I have been focusing on is the E.P. Now with only a few days till the show this sunday I feel really nervous, and I never feel nervous about shows. I guess I'm gonna try to fall back asleep.


Mitch

Listening To:

The Highway Beautiful Love Letters, Soap Boxes, and Dirty Laundry
The Fray How To Save A Life
Adelaide Overtired and Ill-Prepared
The Almost Southern Weather
The Ataris So Long, Astoria
Brand New Deja Entendu
Chasing Victory Fiends
Dead Poetic Vices
Emery While Broken Hearts Prevail
The Highway Beautiful The Things That Lights Can Hide
Oh, Sleeper When I Am God
Relient K The Bird and the Bee Sides
The Showdown Temptation Come My Way
Story of The Year The Black Swan
Story of The Year In The Wake of Determination
Switchfoot The Beautiful Letdown
Thrice Vheissu
Underoath They're Only Chasing Safety
Underoath Define The Great Line
Underoath Survive, Kaleidoscope
Underoath Lost in the Sound of Separation
Yellowcard Lights and Sounds
the world inside & seven head division

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you.
mom

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this

Joey

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mitch VanDenBerghe said...

thanks joey. mom you're embarrassing me in front of my friends :p

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

<< Home